Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Treknic to Gavi, Kerala

26.9.12

Was longing to take a break from TV, net, phone 


Registered myself with Bangalore Ascenders, I was not very confident if I really could get along well with strangers, moreover going on a trek and places far off! Saw a mail which had awesome snaps sent by Jinu for Gavi, Thekkady trip, which specified little of trek and more to see kind of places. Felt this could be ideal as i have been lazy for quite sometime.


After reaching kumbly the first day, got freshened up and walked until a lake and then made a choice of attending Kalari and Kathakali shows in the evening. I had never heard of Kalari, it was a breathless show!


Way back when I was a child, in Mangalore I often watched live Kathakali shows throughout night. Though, I couldn't understand the story, I was so attracted by the dresses they wore & dances they performed. Unbelievably, they were free of cost and rarely it was for Re.1/- for a show sometimes. I still remember how i tried peeping behind the curtain to see their colorful dresses and make-up they wore, and couldnt believe that a man was doing a make-up of female artist :)) and wondered why ladies cannot participate! 

Fantastic shows, I was forced to leave and one hour was too very less for satisfing my ears and eyes!


Next day was a long travel in an open jeep into the forest of Gavi @ Tekhady. Got to get some fresh air to breathe, see green all around, a stream passing by, birds chirping, what more, the worst part is all of our folks were having huge cameras! I slowly slipped my digi cam inside and was not a bit ashamed to asked many of them to take my snaps and of others too :-)



What more I was the only person make loud noise of absolutely being protective about leeches, and as usual one had caught me as if it heard me, thanks to Navnit who saved me from the leech huh!! Anytime I go out atleast one of them welcome me :(


While breathing hard during trek in the forest, with terrible pain in the feet, I was equally enjoying the scenic views, the cool breeze, the forest, silence and the company of sweet people who were  no more strangers. Now, I am all geared up to travel more this way which i was longing for in life :-)


Tons of thanks to Jinu, Bangalore Ascenders and to all of my new found friends. I shall cherish this Treknic for a long time from now :-)





https://plus.google.com/photos/102223081727164158676/albums/5792446764611354865?authkey=CPXXwoLK-OP16QE 



1 comment: