Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mangalore Rediscovered

Feb,  2009


My performance this morning in aerobics was exceptionally good which my friends noticed. I certainly had absorbed the powers of sea; twilight of moon; joys with the crowd I was with during this weekend. I carried them all selfishly back home.

It was a Saturday afternoon, while working on weekend too; I casually called Shaila to talk and was stun to hear that she with her teacher friends were on the way for a trip to Mangalore. I felt longing for in my mind for a break like this. She asked me to join them the next day. I nastily did the three finger job (CTRL-ALT-DEL) to my PC; booked a ticket and caught my bus at 8pm; though I was not sure if others would feel comfortable with me being around with that crowd of 7 people. Shaila picked me from a place nearby where they stayed.




I started gazing outside the window; we went through some really scenic village with Coconut Lagoons. Beaches were visible just in front of couple of houses which faced the sea. It must be soothing to wake up early morning for the people living there to catch a view of the calm sea which would be a boon for our eyes.  As we entered the compound, the view of the beach just in front of the house was much more beautiful than the google Images had it showcased it to me.


I met everyone there who was relishing the scene outside with their cup of coffee. We then got ready to take a walk on seashore seen. All said and done, if you speak the language of waves and long for a respite from the rather hectic office life, beach side would be the best. It had a stunning coastline and the beach waters were quite shallow; the experience of walking in the sand with shells around; waves kissing our feet was a unique experience.




We then left to Bekal fort which was in Kerala. I had not heard nor had a clue how it looked like. It was worth more than imagined. We entered this huge fort just beside the beach which looked divinely beautiful with its silken coast and we all had a wonderful view from the fort. After having a long walk in the fort, we sprinkled some water on our face and refreshed ourselves, before satisfying with good lemonade in the nearby shop.




Back home discussing how beautiful the place was, we had a good break before we started playing dodge ball. We all had fun for sometime before we left to watch yet another beautiful scenic view of sun set on the beach. This was a mind-blowing view of our Sun, which we often tend to curse in the city for its heat. As the sun went down and we all watched the silent growth of another sea with different colours; we were speechless. As the sea began getting into darkness, moon was there coming up supporting as a torchlight to the darkness of the darkness. These moments were something we can only cherish in our minds and hearts.



In the moonlight acting like a torch, we had a good time singing and dancing on the shore with all enthusiasm.

As I sat alone for sometime my thoughts with the world was disconnected; no wonder it was highly romantic :)

We left forcefully after all the great performances by everyone to take a nap.




Next morning was the day to leave and we all got ready went to the shore again. It had a different early morning view with transparent waves again. While writing so much, I wonder if we as humans can really capture views in cameras or describe as much possible in words. Undoubtedly it is highly impossible to capture or describe every moment we experienced there.


We then again took a stroll over the shore and were forced to pack our bags and get ready to get back to our routine life in the city. Every one of us started thinking and talking of the next day’s work.

Last but not the least, we had a great time singing movie songs, I wonder which of other nations would have such rich cultures/songs/dances that we have. We were trying to tickle our memory with limitless number of songs. Especially Shaila was excited to sing mostly Rama based sings. We all know why ;-).

Finally, it was a wonderful memorable trip, wonderful people, wonderful memories which I am sure each one of us will look back once in a while into this chapter of life and will take sometime to get off from the hangover of this.


More Pics at 

Mangalore pics Link


No comments:

Post a Comment